please sponsor me to help train more physicians in africa
Africa carries 25% of the world’s disease burden, yet has only 1.5% of the world’s doctors. The Royal College of Physicians is partnering with a group of leading local doctors in east, central and southern Africa, to double the number of physicians being trained locally by 2030.
To raise money for this important cause, the Registrar of the RCP, Dr Andrew Goddard, is doing a 2000 mile cycle around England and Wales visiting hospitals in every region. The aim of his crowd-funding campaign is to raise £100,000 to fund the opening of 12 new training units.
I am joining the cycle when he visits the South West 8-10 August.
All funds raised will go to support Physicians for Africa.
Zero commission is taken from your gift.
This is how your gift will make a difference:
- £27 provides a month's access to online resource and webinars for Trainees
- £100 provides training resources for each Trainee
- £270 covers enrollment and registration costs for each Trainee Physician
- £900 trains a new Faculty member
- £2,400 enables the accreditation of each new Training Unit.