Help train more physicians in africa
Africa carries 25% of the world’s disease burden, yet has only 1.5% of the world’s doctors. We in the UK often feel over-stretched with 280 doctors per 100,000 people. However, in Malawi there are just 2 per 100,000 and fewer in Tanzania....
To help train more local physicians the RCP is partnering with a group of leading local doctors to establish a much-needed Physicians College in east, central and southern Africa.
Who are you?
I work for the Royal College of Physicians and really want to help this project.
According to the World Health Organisation it will take the region 200 years on the current trend to reach as few as 5 physicians per 100,000 people. Together, through this new college, we can double the number of physicians being trained locally by 2030.
Physicians for Africa will take training to the regions. If this fundraising appeal is successful we can support the opening of 12 new physician Training Units, in six countries where access to doctors is limited, often impossible.
All funds raised will go to support Physicians for Africa .
This is how your gift will make a difference:
- £27 provides a month's access to online resource and webinars for Trainees
- £100 provides training resources for each Trainee
- £270 covers enrollment and registration costs for each Trainee Physician
- £900 trains a new Faculty member
- £2,400 enables the accreditation of each new Training Unit.